Wednesday, April 1, 2009

What Kind of Fool Am I??

Are you into tricks on Aprils Fools Day? Elaborate gags? Juvenile hijinx? Not me. I'm more wary of what's going to be foisted on me than concerned with being the foist-ee!
But have you ever thought about the word "fool"?
Merriam-Webster says it can refer to a person lacking in judgment or prudence. You know, as in "Only a fool would think chocolate should be saved for special occasions."
Or you can appear to be a easily duped, as in "I was a fool to eat chocolate because of its antioxidants - I gained 15 pounds!"
Then there's the fool that great households used keep around for entertainment. You've seen him, the guy in bright clothes and the funny hat with bells on it. He probably had nothing to do with chocolate.
But you can also be a fool for something. You can be a fool for Dove bars, for instance. Or Reese's peanut butter eggs. Or chocolate covered strawberries. Or Cadbury's Fruit and Nut bars. It's sorta like being cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, if you get my drift.
There's even a dessert called a fool. It's nothing more than pureed fruit mixed with pudding or custard. Which we all know would be better with . . . . . .
wait for it. . . . . . . .
say it with me now- chocolate.
Do you detect a theme here? If you're like me, chocolate Easter bunnies can't hop your way fast enough so I'm off now to devour the itty bitty chocolate egg that fell into my purse today. Whatever kind of April Fools Day you're having, I hope it's a good one!

1 comment: