Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Tried to put bunny ears on DaBoys so I'd have an Easter pic to post today, but they were enormously uncooperative. Uncooperative as in afraid of bunny ears. But then they're also afraid of paper, wind, laundry sheets, ants and anything that's sprayed, so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised!
Saw the new neighbors on their way home from church. Thought about grabbing the camera for a quick shot of the adorable kids on their way in the house but thought better of it at the last second. Old Lady Stalker is not a persona I'm comfortable with.
So grabbed this shot of my Baby Boy and Baby Girl when they were 9 and 5 years old. Aren't they adorable? They're all grown up now and still adorable.
This has been a really relaxing Easter. The first relaxing Easter I can remember having in a long time. I scrapped a little - finished a LO and a card. Did some laundry. Gave DaBoys an extra spin around the block. Bit the ears off an unsuspecting chocolate bunny.
Nice relaxing day.
As a matter of fact, it's been a nice, relaxing week.
Which is exactly what's been strange about it.
No furtive trips downstairs to steal a malted egg from the stash I've hidden in the freezer until it's time to make up Easter baskets. (Why the freezer, you ask? 'Cuz everyone knows you can't eat frozen chocolate, silly.)
No late night Easter eve, with DH cantoring at Easter vigil while I stayed home, putting the final touches on new suits and frilly dresses for Easter Sunday.
No little strips of green cellophane grass stuck to everything for weeks on end.
No boiled eggs sweating their color off in the fridge.
Ay yi yi yi - I didn't realize until this year how many of our Easter traditions centered around having kids in the house!
I'm off to call the kids and my folks and wish everyone a Happy Easter. Hope your day is sunny and that you've snared a couple chocolate eggs for yourownself.
And a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweet DIL, Bridgett!!

1 comment: