Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Poo on my Shoe Kind of Morning

DaBoys and I turned the corner this morning only to be confronted with a rather neat looking pile of doggie poo smack dab in the middle of the sidewalk. Knowing their hyperactive interest in such attractions, I attempted to scoot it onto the grass with my shoe only to end up stepping squarely on top of it. (My secret's out: I never even pretend to be coordinated.) I scraped the bottom of my shoe against the nearby curb to get as much of it off as I could, but every other footstep still squished.
Eewwww and ick.
And that reminded me of a joke Matt told us years ago: What goes thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, squish?
An octopus with one shoe on.
After weeks of laughing supportively at homemade jokes from eight year old comic sensation Matt the Hilarious, this joke caught us both off guard because it was actually. . . well, funny. It made Ken snort coffee out his nose, which - like Puxatawny Phil - meant six more weeks of bad jokes.
Today, however, it's just step squish and that doesn't bode well for a disaster-free morning.
Or maybe it just means that I'm getting all the bad karma out of the way first.
Yeah.
I'm going with that one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori!

    Thanks for the giggle first thing in the morning. I also feed the fish :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! I wish I could have seen you. lol

    ReplyDelete