Saturday, June 27, 2009

Charlie the Shorn

Last week, it was 90 degrees here and the humidity was awful. Actually, I think it was like that almost everywhere. I've been told I get crabby when it's hot and humid, but I think that's just a rumor. Charlie, however, has so much fur that he got sick, and it scared the crap out of us. So I decided that I'd get him trimmed.
This is Charlie before.


And here's Charlie after.
We can't decide if he looks more like a sealpoint Siamese cat or a black-faced sheep. Ken says he looks like he's had the Marine cut - high and tight. It never occurred to me that just his white undercoat would be left. He feels exactly like a stuffed toy now. And with all that extra fur gone, he actually has a neck! and a head that is proportionate to his body!
Sammy is not at all sure about hanging out with this new Charlie. And me - I've been the worst kind of dog mom, giggling every time I look at him. It's like I've got a whole different puppy here.
Annie was afraid he'd walk out of the groomers looking like he was wearing inappropriately tight clothing. She looked at the pictures I emailed and now she just hopes this won't make him body conscious.
Getting rid of all that fur has done one thing for sure - Charlie is bouncy and free. There's a spring in this puppy's step. Who knew Chihuahuas could benefit from makeovers?? Hmmm. Sounds like a reality show in the making, if you ask me.
Time for one stylin' chihuahua to go strut his stuff. Going to close now and go stroll around the neighborhood with our newly coiffed canine. Hope you're having a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Charlie is sweet fur or no fur. Now with all the hair gone, you just have to be concerned about Charlie getting sunburned. Oh the chores of a doggie mom is everlasting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so cute. It is funny that his hair is a different color underneth. I blushed a little when I looked at the full-body pics. He looks Nekid!

    ReplyDelete