Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hello World!

My first post! I'm excited about this blog - I've wanted a place to share all things scrappy for quite some time now. This is actually my second blog. "Just the Good Stuff" was my original blog, but every time people tried to find it they ended up at "Just the Good Stuff Please" which one day posted xray photos of bodies. . . well. . . enjoying other bodies. I know this because my mother found it. And now I know what it's like to feel like a teenaged boy.
So I tried Scrapissimo. Taken.
A Load of Scrap. Taken by someone named Connie who hasn't posted to it at all.
Scrapola. Taken by some blogger who's last entry was on June 4, 2006. Come on - doesn't anyone at Blogger check these things?
So "Scrapinator" it is. I like the Terminator movies, but I'm not a rabid, obsessed fan of them. However, the word "Scrapinator" does make me giggle and it seems to work for scrapbooking.
Think about it.
The Terminator was single minded, but not heartless - I challenge you to find a single headline reading "Scrapper's Family Starves to Death" because which one of us hasn't selflessly stopped scrapping at a critical juncture to open a can of soup for the whining masses?? And answer me this: doesn't anyone else in the house know how to dial for take out?!!?
The Terminator was created for one reason - a feeling realized by scrappers the world over at that sublime moment when a table full of paper, embellies, glue and die cuts suddenly comes together at the end of a 10 hour crop to be. . . . . . . The Best Layout in the History of the World.
The Terminator set out to determine the future by changing the past - we all have LOs with at least one creatively cropped photo where the ex or the class bully or annoying Uncle Sid magically disappeared, never to be seen by future generations.
The Terminator was relentless - substitute Basic Grey for John Connor and you have every wild-eyed scrapper who ever needed a paper fix.
The Terminator is scary - no, wait. That's just me after an entire Saturday spent scrapping in curlers and bathrobe, eating peanut butter out of the jar and scaring the dogs. But dammit, I finally got that layout of Uncle Ken's birthday finished.

No pain. No fear. Relentless. Unstoppable.
Ah, yes. . . . . it's The Scrapinator.

I'll be back.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new blog! I love the name and the reasoning behind it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog!! Love the name and I remember trying to find the perfect name and then discovering it was "taken". Good luck on your new {addicting} venture!!

    ReplyDelete